Azusa Pacific University System
Bachelor of Arts
Required Major Units
Cost Per Unit
Estimated Major Cost
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies degree is an innovative accelerated teaching degree program designed to help the prospective elementary school and special education teachers complete their bachelor’s degree while gaining valuable subject-matter preparation for a successful teaching career.The program equips experienced adult students, many of whom are working in classrooms as paraeducators, to draw upon their rich experiences in school settings.Providing multiple pathways to earn your degree, LAPU offers the B.A. in Liberal Studies online, and on campus at LAPU’s San Dimas location and at six Southern California regional campuses.
- Develop your own philosophy of education based on your understanding of ethical and worldview theories
- Integrate principles of Christian faith and learning into a variety of subject matter
- Demonstrate subject-matter competence by passing the CSET (Multiple Subjects)
- Use your understanding of your strengths, learning styles, and temperament to assess K–6 student needs
- Analyze problems, assess information representing a variety of perspectives, and present solutions through skillful oral and written communication
The B.A. in Liberal Studies degree enhances students’ marketability and helps them gain the potential to increase their salary. While most students who earn this degree pursue K–12 teaching or counseling credentials, liberal studies graduates can choose from a variety of other fields, including consulting, counseling, customer service/sales, government jobs, human resources, librarianship, public relations, and social work. Graduates will be well prepared to sit for the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET). Students who complete this major are eligible to enter Azusa Pacific University’s unique Intern Credential Program, teaching in their own classrooms, with the university providing coursework and support to the beginning, intern-credentialed teacher.*
*Applies only to students seeking certification in the state of California. Students seeking credentials in other states must comply with that state’s department of education requirements.
Tell us a little more about yourself to receive additional information about LAPU.
Get in Touch
Having trouble navigating the website or need answers to a specific question? We’ve got you covered.