Azusa Pacific University System
Bachelor of Arts
Required Major Units
Cost Per Unit
Estimated Major Cost
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies is an innovative accelerated teaching degree program designed to help prospective elementary school and special education teachers complete their bachelor’s degree while gaining valuable subject matter preparation for a successful teaching career. The program equips experienced adult students, many of whom are working in classrooms as paraeducators, to draw upon their rich experiences in school settings.
- Develop your own philosophy of education
- Integrate principles of Christian faith and learning into a variety of subject matters
- Demonstrate subject-matter competence by passing the CSET (Multiple Subjects)
- Integrate perspectives of diversity and learning needs into a teaching philosophy and classroom practices, demonstrating cultural responsiveness.
- Use your understanding of strengths, learning styles, and temperaments to assess K–8 student needs
- Analyze problems and present solutions through skillful oral and written communication
Pursue K–8 teaching or counseling credentials; choose from a variety of career fields, including consulting, counseling, customer service/sales, government jobs, human resources, librarianship, public relations, and social work. Graduates will be well prepared to sit for the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET).
Tell us a little more about yourself to receive additional information about LAPU.
Get in Touch
Having trouble navigating the website or need answers to a specific question? We’ve got you covered.