Bachelor of Arts
Liberal Studies with Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (CA)
An accelerated, combined teaching degree and California credential program designed for prospective K-8 teachers.
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies with embedded California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential is an innovative accelerated teaching degree program designed to provide prospective elementary school teachers with their bachelor’s degree AND a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. This combined program encompasses subjects commonly taught in California schools, and is aligned with the requirements of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) to help graduates launch a successful teaching career.
- Earn a Bachelor’s degree and Teaching Credential at the same time
- Waives CSET Multiple Subjects requirement! Program meets CTC subject-matter requirements without having to take the CSET.
- Program is CTC approved for paid Internship Pathway for student teaching (vs. unpaid student teaching)
- Use your understanding of strengths, learning styles, and temperaments to meet K–8 student needs
- Acquire subject-matter competence in the core subject areas
- Integrate principles of Christian faith and learning into a variety of subject matters
- The multiple subject credential has been approved by the California Commission for Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
- Graduates of the program are NOT required to take the CSET because the program meets subject-matter proficiency requirements.
- The practicum portion of the credential program requires California residency.
- Los Angeles Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Graduates of the program are armed with the knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in a variety of roles in related industries:
Child Welfare Social Worker
Students must complete the following degree components at LAPU or via applicable transfer credits.
See the catalog for more details.
General Education Requirements
General Education (31): see catalog for more details
ARTS 400Visual Arts for the Elementary Teacher
ARTS 410Performing Arts for the Elementary Teacher
EDUC 300Introduction to Elementary Education
EDUC 310Human Growth and Development for Educators
EDUC 410P.E., Health, and Safety for Elementary Teachers
ENGL 420Principles of Language
ENGL 450Children's Literature
HIST 202World Civilizations
HIST 420United States History and the Constitution
HIST 440California History
MATH 301Math for the Elementary Teacher I
MATH 302Math for the Elementary Teacher II
NSCI 301Life Science
NSCI 325Physical, Earth, and Space Sciences
Multiple Subject Credential Requirements
EDUC 501Introduction to Teaching and Learning
EDUC 505Diversity and Inclusive Schooling
EDUC 515Learning Theory and Instructional Strategies
EDUC 530Methods in Teaching Language and Literacy (K-8) I
EDUC 535Methods in Teaching Language and Literacy (K-8) II
EDUC 550Methods in Teaching Arts and Social Sciences (K-8)
EDUC 560Methods in Teaching Mathematics (K-8)
EDUC 570Methods in Teaching the Sciences (K-8)
EDUC 580Teaching Practicum I - Elementary
EDUC 581Student Teaching I - Multiple Subjects
EDUC 590Teaching Practicum II - Elementary
EDUC 591Student Teaching II - Multiple Subjects
Electives (13): choose 100-400 level courses from the catalog