We’re here to support you throughout your entire educational journey. Take advantage of these resources designed to support you academically.
LAPU students have access to more than 140 online databases, including 46,000 electronic journals, 130,000 ebooks, a 24/7 reference service, and online tutorial guides by logging in using a username and student ID. Login to access Library Resources.
Also, LAPU students who live locally to the Azusa campus may also visit any of Azusa Pacific University’s libraries (the William V. Marshburn Memorial Library, the Hugh and Hazel Darling Library, and the James L. Stamps Theological Library) to access its resources and services.
24/7 Online Tutoring & Writing Skills Support
As part of LAPU’s commitment to you and your academic achievement, we’re pleased to offer free online tutoring and writing skills support with Tutor.com. Expert tutors are on hand 24/7 (except holidays) to help you with assignments, concepts, exam preparation, writing, study skills, using technology, and career help. The service covers a wide range of subjects, including multiple areas of math, science, English, writing, and business. You will work one on one with your tutor in an online classroom on your specific homework problem until it’s done.
Interested? Contact your success coach to learn more about how to get started in using this service.
Want more info?
Math Prerequisite Preparation
If you need to prepare for MATH 105 Survey of College Mathematics or MATH 125 College Algebra, consider the following options:
- Regionally accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School
- 12–14-week courses
- Individual courses
- Contact for pricing
California Virtual Campus: cvc.edu
- Assistance finding needed online classes from California colleges and universities
- Pricing varies
Your local community college
- Local regional accreditation
- Possible online learning options
- Pricing varies
Take MATH 099 Intermediate Algebra course
- MATH 099 is non-degree-applicable
- The class is 3 units and 8 weeks long
- Contact your success coach about course availability
- MATH 099 is a pass/fail course and a C- (70 percent) or better must be earned in order to place into MATH 105 Survey of College Mathematics or MATH 125 College Algebra.
Math Placement Test Help
- Compass ACT: act.org
- The Compass Test website contains sample test questions for placement tests.
Other Self-Help Resources
A variety of public resources are available for students seeking additional academic support.
- Khan Academy: khanacademy.org
- The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education to anyone anywhere.
- Math.com: math.com
- Dedicated to providing revolutionary ways for students, parents, teachers, and everyone to learn math.
- Services include tutoring and homework help.