How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply to LAPU
- If you haven’t already, complete the online application to LAPU. Following submission, we will review your application for eligibility for financial aid.
- Create an FSA ID
- Fill out the FAFSA
- If your FAFSA is selected for verification, create a Verify My FAFSA account. (Again, only if you are notified that you’ve been selected for verification)
- Complete your Federal Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). (2 separate steps. Complete both.)
- Create a Cal Grant Account (WebGrants4Students)
- If you are a California resident that is eligible for the Cal Grant.
- Please visit the Cal Grant website for further information and requirements.
Options for Financing Your Education
- Federal Grants
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal PLUS Loans
- California Grants
- Private Scholarships
- Private Alternative Loan
- Always use your legal name on the FAFSA and all documents. Your legal name is the name on your Social Security Card.
- Apply early.
- Respond to all requests from the Office of Student Financial Services in a timely fashion.
- Keep copies of all documents.