How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply to LAPU
- If you haven’t already, complete the online application to LAPU. Following submission, we will review your application for eligibility for financial aid.
- Create an FSA ID
- Fill out the FAFSA
- If your FAFSA is selected for verification, create a Verify My FAFSA account. (Again, only if you are notified that you’ve been selected for verification)
- How to create your Verify My FAFSA account.
- You will need your LAPU Student ID to create your account.
- Students at LAPU are not eligible to receive federal or state aid until all required documents have been submitted.
- Complete your Federal Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). (2 separate steps. Complete both.)
Options for Financing Your Education
- Federal Grants
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal PLUS Loans
- Private Scholarships
- Private Education Loans
- Always use your legal name on the FAFSA and all documents. Your legal name is the name on your Social Security Card.
- Apply early.
- Respond to all requests from Student Financial Services in a timely fashion.
- Keep copies of all documents.