How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply to LAPU
- If you haven’t already, complete the online application to LAPU. Following submission, we will review your application for eligibility for financial aid.
- How to create your FSA ID.
- If have already created one but do not remember your password please visit the FSA ID website to reset your information.
- If you need help please call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
- How to complete your FAFSA.
- LAPU’s school code is 042788
- If you have already completed your FAFSA please just add the LAPU school code 042788 to your existing FAFSA.
- For any questions please call 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
- How to create your Verify My FAFSA account.
- You will need your LAPU Student ID to create your account.
- Review the verification information page for more information
- If you plan to use federal direct loans to cover the cost of school.
- This overview will help you understand more.
- If you are a California resident that is eligible for the Cal Grant.
- Please visit the Cal Grant website for further information and requirements.
Options for Financing Your Education
- Federal Grants
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal PLUS Loans
- California Grants
- Private Scholarships
- Private Alternative Loan
- Always use your legal name on the FAFSA and all documents. Your legal name is the name on your Social Security Card.
- Apply early.
- Respond to all requests from the Office of Student Financial Services in a timely fashion.
- Keep copies of all documents.