Applying for Financial Aid

If you haven’t already, complete the online application to LAPU. Following submission, we will review your application for eligibility for financial aid.

Important Tips

  • Always use your legal name on the FAFSA and all documents. Your legal name is the name on your Social Security Card.
  • Apply early.
  • Respond to all requests from Student Financial Services in a timely fashion.
  • Keep copies of all documents.

Financial Aid FAQ's
How do I request a book voucher (Cougar Bucks)?

You can request a book voucher by completing the form in the Student Services portal via New students can request a book voucher for the first session they attend. Continuing students can request a book voucher for the first session only. It is expected that the refund check will be received prior to the start of the second session and books will need to be purchased using the excess funds in the refund check.

What if I have already received my refund check for the semester and then I withdraw?

If you completely withdraw from all classes and have already received your refund check, you may end up owing the university a balance after the calculation is performed. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to tell you what that exact amount is until the calculation is performed. Keep in mind if you have already received your refund check, you may have to pay back LAPU a portion of that refund check.

What is R2T4 (Return to Title IV)?

Title IV is the U.S. Department of Education’s program that handles the federal loans and Pell Grants. The RZT4 is a calculation that was established by the U.S. Department of Education to determine the amount of Federal Student Aid a student has earned as a result of a student’s withdrawal. All students that completely withdraw from LAPU are subject to the R2T4 calculation.

How will dropping or withdrawing from one or more classes affect my financial aid eligibility?

Dropping or withdrawing from one or more classes can negatively impact your financial aid eligibility as an R2T4 (Return to Title IV) calculation may be required. If you are considering dropping or withdrawing from one or more classes, you are strongly encouraged to contact your Success Coach regarding academic impact or Student Financial Services regarding potential financial impact. Unfortunately, we may not be able to tell you exactly what the financial impact will be if you withdraw because we have to wait for our financial aid office run the R2T4 calculation to determine what portion of aid you have earned and what portion will need to be returned.

What is SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)?

SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) is used to define the successful completion of coursework to maintain eligibility for Federal Student Aid. You will need to make satisfactory academic progress in order to continue to receive federal student aid. If you are not making good grades, completing your classes, or meeting your maximum time frame, you will lose financial aid eligibility.

How can I find my outstanding loan and what lenders hold the loans?

The federal government administers the National Student Loan Data System that provides detailed information on the outstanding loans that you have.

Close Bitnami banner