The mission of the LAPU Accessibility Office is to ensure that all students have equal access to LAPU programs, courses, educational materials, support resources, facilities, and events. This is accomplished by:
- Promoting a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive educational environment.
- Facilitating individualized, reasonable, and timely accommodations for students with disabilities through an interactive process.
- Providing institution-wide advisement, consultation, and training on disability awareness and other disability-related topics.
- Collaborating with all LAPU departments to identify and remove barriers to accessibility.
- Providing universal and inclusive design of all educational materials.
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
We strive to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), Sections 504 & 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).]