A Top 10 Military Friendly University
- Dedicated support for active-duty and veteran service members.
- Tuition Discount on all programs. See details below.
- A Yellow Ribbon School and GI Bill® eligible.
GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Life After the Service
Watch this message from our veterans on staff. We’re passionate about helping because we’ve been there too.
A 10% tuition discount is available to active duty* and veteran military service members. For the purposes of this tuition discount, active duty includes:
- U.S. Air Force: active duty, Air National Guard on active duty, Air Force Reserve on active duty
- U.S. Army: active duty, Army National Guard on active duty, Army Reserve on active duty
- U.S. Coast Guard: active duty, Coast Guard Reserve on active duty
- U.S. Marines: active duty, Marine Corps Reserve on active duty
- U.S. Navy: active duty, Naval Reserve on active duty
“Active” is defined as after basic training is complete. View current tuition rates.
How to Apply to LAPU:
Visit Admissions to learn more about deadlines and requirements.
Ready to apply? Fill out this simple form and a LAPU Enrollment Counselor will contact you shortly.
First Steps After Applying to LAPU:
VA Benefits (33, 35, 31, 1606, 1607)
- Apply for VA Benefits & Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Miscellaneous Forms:
- Military Tuition Discount Form: Filled out once and applied to future semesters.
Tuition Assistance or MyCAA
- Military and Veterans Application Form: Complete one time, AFTER being admitted to LAPU.
- Send a copy of your Tuition Assistance or MyCAA tuition approval for the courses in which you will be enrolled for the Semester.
- Log into the Tuition Assistance website and email your course approval to email@example.com.
Understanding Your Benefits
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has information regarding your educational benefits. You can read about recent changes to your benefits and learn about the many benefits available to you—visit the Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill® website to learn more.
Changes to the Post-9/11 GI Bill®: There are many important changes that may affect a student using their VA educational benefits. Keep up to date on the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
Yellow Ribbon Program: The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008. The program provides an agreement to award aid to qualified students by funding tuition and fees that exceed benefits available under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33).
Benefit Comparison Chart: There are various educational benefits available to veterans. See the GI Bill® Comparison Tool to make the most informed decision.
Principles of Excellence
Los Angeles Pacific University fully complies with Executive Order 13607 establishing Principles of Excellence for educational institutions serving service members, veterans, spouses, and other family members.
Records and Training Transcripts
To earn academic credit for military service and coursework, request your official transcript:
- Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- Air Force (Community College of the Air Force)
There are a number of resources available to veterans. The VA, AMVETS, and DAV offer many services to veterans and their dependents. Whether it be for your education or disability benefits, these organizations can help with the benefits you have earned.
Military OneSource: This is a 24/7 resource for military members, their spouses, and veterans. Visit the Military OneSource website for more information.
Transition Assistance Program (TAP): The Transition Assistance Program (TAP) provides information, tools, and training to ensure service members and their spouses are prepared for the next step in civilian life whether pursuing additional education, finding a job in the public or private sector or starting their own business. Visit the TAP website for more information.
*Contact a LAPU Enrollment Representative at (855) 527-2768 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information about our online degree programs.
“GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
Contact Us with Questions