Azusa Pacific University System
Bachelor of Science
Required Major Units
Cost Per Unit
Estimated Major Cost
A successful information systems career requires a broad professional knowledge base as well as a practical skill set. The online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems at LAPU equips students with these essential resources while integrating a Christian worldview of the profession. Students who choose the information systems major will develop professional competencies in managing information, computers, databases, systems analysis, and business principles related to Information Systems. With the opportunity to select an emphasis area, students are able to customize the bachelor’s in Information Systems program to pursue personal or specific career interests within the field.
- Develop professional competencies in information systems, including an understanding of the various components of the field.
- Utilize appropriate research concepts and processes in the analysis of information systems practices and trends.
- Integrate biblical concepts and principles with discipline-specific topics.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Apply Christian ethics in response to ethical issues within the field of information systems.
- Earn your degree entirely online, taking classes and participating in assignments where and when it works best for you.
The B.S. in Information Systems program prepares students for a variety of careers in the field of information systems. Information systems jobs include electronic data processing, database administration, information systems management, systems analysis, information security, computer programming. Students complete an information systems degree to gain valuable information technology experience that can lead to advanced career opportunities or promotions. Those who earn the degree are also equipped to continue their studies at the graduate level in information systems, information technology, or related fields.
A concentration is similar to a minor, but more integrated and with no extra units added to the degree. Each program allows you to choose a concentration to sharpen your skills and specialize in a focused area of study.
Tell us a little more about yourself to receive additional information about LAPU.
Get in Touch
Having trouble navigating the website or need answers to a specific question? We’ve got you covered.