Azusa Pacific University System
Bachelor of Science
Required Major Units
Cost Per Unit
Estimated Major Cost
A successful criminal justice career requires a broad knowledge base for the major elements of police work, criminal law and procedure, risk analysis and response, and investigative processes and procedure. The online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice at LAPU equips students with professional knowledge and practical skills in criminal justice while integrating a Christian worldview. Students who major in criminal justice learn about the field from both an academic and professional perspective, addressing topics from a theoretical as well as a practitioner viewpoint. With the opportunity to specialize in their field, students are able to pursue personal or specific career interests by choosing an emphasis area.
- Integrate biblical concepts and principles with discipline-specific topics and domains
- Develop professional competencies in criminal justice, including an understanding of the various components of the field
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, as well as critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Utilize appropriate research concepts and processes in the analysis of criminal justice issues, practices, and trends
- Apply principles of Christian ethics in response to ethical dilemmas and issues
Careers in the field of criminal justice include the areas of criminology, law enforcement, courts, and corrections. For many occupations within the field, a four-year undergraduate degree is considered an entry-level requirement. Occupations in this rapidly growing field include probation officers and correctional treatment specialists; detective or criminal investigators; forensic science technicians; patrol officers; and paralegals. Students will also be equipped to continue their studies in graduate programs in criminal justice, criminology, law, or related fields.
A concentration is similar to a minor, but more integrated and with no extra units added to the degree. Each program allows you to choose a concentration to sharpen your skills and specialize in a focused area of study.
Get in Touch
Having trouble navigating the website or need answers to a specific question? We’ve got you covered.
Tell us a little more about yourself to receive additional information about LAPU.