Human Resources Certificate
Approved for continuing education credits by:
Download Course Information
Who It’s For:
- Current HR professionals
- Career explorers or job changers looking to transition into HR careers.
- Organizations looking for cost-effective professional development for employees.
- Practical, professional development for strategic human resource management in organizations.
- Navigating the employment laws of California.
- Staying current on state employment laws – particularly overtime pay, minimum wage, exempt status, employee status, lunch laws, expanded protections from discrimination, and paid leave.
- Approved for continuing education credits by SHRM and HRCI.
- Practical and relevant courses taught by HR professionals.
- Remain in compliance and minimize risk for your organization.
- Cost-effective alternative to college courses or certification test preparation courses.
- Increased employment and/or advancement opportunities.
- An accelerated path toward HR specializations (e.g. from generalist to compensation and benefits).
- No degree or certificate pre-requisite.
- Six specialized courses offered every other month.
- Each course consists of two Saturdays of classroom instruction – 6 hours each.
- Begin the program with any course during the year.
- Online courses taught via a collaborative hands-on approach with immersive exercises and case studies.
- The program is sponsored by Los Angeles Pacific University, a fully-accredited, nonprofit university.