Human Resources Certificate
- Strategic Human Resource Management
Register for the next course – Feb. 1 and 8, 2020
- Employment Law and Compliance
Register for the next course – Apr. 18 and 25, 2020
- Talent Planning and Acquisition
Register for the next course – June 13 and 20, 2020
- Employee Performance, Learning and Development
Register for the next course – Aug. 8 and 15, 2020
- Total Rewards
Register for the next course – Oct. 17 and 24, 2020
- Employee and Labor Relations and Engagement
Register for the next course – Dec. 5 and 12, 2020
Who It’s For:
- Current HR professionals
- Career explorers or job changers looking to transition into HR careers.
- Organizations looking for cost-effective professional development for employees.
- Practical, professional development for strategic human resource management in organizations.
- Navigating the employment laws of California.
- Staying current on state employment laws – particularly overtime pay, minimum wage, exempt status, employee status, lunch laws, expanded protections from discrimination, and paid leave.
- Submitted for SHRM and HRCI credit.
- Practical and relevant courses taught by HR professionals.
- Remain in compliance and minimize risk for your organization.
- Cost-effective alternative to college courses or certification test preparation courses.
- Increased employment and/or advancement opportunities.
- An accelerated path toward HR specializations (e.g. from generalist to compensation and benefits).
- No degree or certificate pre-requisite.
- Six specialized courses offered every other month.
- Each course consists of two Saturdays of classroom instruction – 6 hours each.
- Begin the program with any course during the year.
- Face-to-face courses taught via a collaborative hands-on approach with immersive exercises and case studies.
- The program is sponsored by Los Angeles Pacific University, a fully-accredited, nonprofit university.
- Conveniently located near the 57 and 210 highways with ample, free parking, technologically advanced classrooms, and within walking distance of a variety of restaurants for lunch options.
300 N. Lone Hill Ave., San Dimas, CA 91773